On April 1, 1976, a small group of local farmers from Palmer, Kansas walked into the offices of Evans Grain in Salina, Kansas and purchased the elevator located at Palmer. They came home and began selling shares to other local producers and thus was born Palmer Grain, Inc. At that time the elevator consisted of just an office, a feed mill, and five grain bins with a total storage capacity of 87 thousand bushels. As the customer base grew and yields increased through better genetics, so did the need to expand. Grain bins were added and in 1995 a new liquid fertilizer plant was built on Highway 15. That facility was expanded in 2003 with the addition of a dry fertilizer storage and blend plant to provide yet another alternative to fertilizer application. Today Palmer Grain, Inc. has grain storage capacity of 1,042,000 bushels, and fertilizer storage of 1000 tons and provides custom grinding and feed delivery, plus application services of fertilizer and chemicals to producers in the Linn - Palmer area.